½ cassava tuber
2 cups of corn dough
½ teaspoon salt
3 cups of water
Instructions for Banku
1. Peel and clean half tuber of cassava.
2. Blend cassava with a cup of water.
3. In a pan add two cups of corn dough with a cup of water
4. Add blended cassava to corn dough with ½ teaspoon of salt and stir.
5. Place mixture on stove and stir continuously to avoid lumps.
6. Add ½ cup of water to mixture, stir and let it simmer for 5min and stir again.
7. Continue to stir until firm and smooth.
8. Add another ½ cup of water, let it simmer for 5 min, continue to stir until smooth, firm and cooked.
9. Stir one last time and scoop out into a plate then mold into a ball.
Okro Stew Ingredients
1 cup palm oil
1 stinky fish (momone)
2 yellow onions
2 pieces of Jamaican pepper
2 red onions
1 small ginger
1 fresh tomato
3 gloves of garlic
2 teaspoons of shrimp powder
1 maggi cube
1 pound of steamed okro
Instructions for Okro Stew
1. Heat the palm oil in a saucepan over medium heat.
2. Add the stinky fish, let it fry for a min and stir.
3. Pour in sliced onions and allow to fry for 2min.
4. Blend pepper, onions, ginger, garlic and tomato with half a cup of water.
5. Add blended mixture to saucepan and let it simmer for about 8 minutes.
6. Add powdered shrimp and maggi cube and stir continuously, then allow to simmer for 5
7. Add crabs and then shrimps to the sauce and let it cook for 10 minutes.
8. Add smoked fish and allow to cook for another 10 minutes
9. Add steamed pig feet, cow skin and salted beef to the sauce and allow to simmer for 12
10. Add steamed okro to sauce and allow to cook for 5-8 minutes.
Okra stew should be ready by now.